NewYorkCityCoin Logo

NewYorkCityCoin

NewYorkCityCoin header image

1. Summary

Ranks

Liquidity
10
Developer
-
Social
65
Momentum (beta)
0
Stack Rank™
-
Price
$0.005575340000 0.0%
Market Cap
$3.27M (#1989)
Supply
/
Tags
Price
52W High price $0.000923479400
52W High date 24th Feb 2023 (1 year ago)
All Time High (ATH) Date 21st May 2024 (1 month ago)
All Time Low (ATL) Date 21st May 2024 (1 month ago)
Supply & Trading Volume
Trading Volume (24h) $2,844.00
Description

NewYorkCityCoin (NYCCoin) is a community-led cryptocurrency designed to support and improve New York City. Endorsed by New York City Mayor-elect Eric Adams, the project utilizes the Stacks protocol built atop the Bitcoin blockchain to enable smart contracts and issue coins. CityCoins, the firm behind the project, aims to create a new ecosystem for...

NewYorkCityCoin (NYCCoin) is a community-led cryptocurrency designed to support and improve New York City. Endorsed by New York City Mayor-elect Eric Adams, the project utilizes the Stacks protocol built atop the Bitcoin blockchain to enable smart contracts and issue coins. CityCoins, the firm behind the project, aims to create a new ecosystem for developers to build applications and experiment with innovative use cases.

How It Works

NYCCoin mining is performed by forwarding Stacks (STX) tokens into the smart contract in a given Stacks block, which triggers a one-way process. Miners are rewarded with new CityCoins tokens. 30% of the mining rewards are sent to a secured wallet reserved for New York City’s municipal government, while the remaining 70% is distributed to NYCCoin users who stake their CityCoins. This process empowers the community to grow the city’s crypto treasury and redefine civic engagement.

Programmability and Use Cases

NYCCoin is programmable, allowing builders to use it for web3 applications, mint NFTs, and improve the city’s digital infrastructure. This enables developers to create apps with advanced functionality such as access control, trading, lending, and smart contract execution. The community can vote on distributing funds to the city government unless contractually obligated to do so.

The Mission

CityCoins, including NYCCoin, aim to incentivize city governments to support local businesses and residents. By leveraging New York City’s tech capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit, the project seeks to drive innovation and growth in the city, aligning with the mayor’s message of embracing tech and innovation to drive the city forward.

2. Price

2.1. Market Performance

How does NewYorkCityCoin's () performance compare to the median performance for assets of a similar market capitalization?

30 Day Return

%

-6.0%

Similar Market Cap

3. Developer Activity

No GitHub repos found. Either the project is not open source or we don't have data yet.

4. Social Activity

Tip: Toggle each network by clicking the name above

Historic data is only available from 22nd April 2022

Total Followers

Reddit Subscribers
Active Reddit Users (past 24h)
Discord users
Active Discord Users
Telegram Users 718
Twitter followers 17,230
5. News

No recent news found.

7. More Information

Always do your own research (DYOR) before making any investment. Here's some links you might find helpful:

Website https://www.citycoins.co/nyccoin
Explorer https://explorer.stacks.co
Twitter @@mineCityCoins

Has NewYorkCityCoin been audited for security?

No security audits found for this project.

Are you the owner of NewYorkCityCoin? Edit it here

Subscribe for free

Investment alerts and insights directly in your inbox.

By continuing, you agree to the Stack Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.